Re: In US, huge grain crops spell headache for farmers
Author: SP5103
Date: 09-22-2014 - 21:11

I notice that too. Tonnes I believe indicates metric. While the US typically uses short tons (2,000 pounds), US marine export shipping and many other countries typically used imperial or long ton (2240 pounds) which I presume has switched to metric (1 metric ton is about 2204.6 pounds). As for as barrels of corn, the news seems to have crude oil on the brain. When I worked in grain country all the elevators dealt in bushels which I had no idea how to convert to carloads or weight, all we cared about is how much the train weighed and if we had enough power to move it and didn't derail.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  In US, huge grain crops spell headache for farmers Taxpayer 09-22-2014 - 07:40
  Re: In US, huge grain crops spell headache for farmers mct;oquimctqi4tm[pimvptqimt[piq2mp[vi 09-22-2014 - 15:56
  Re: In US, huge grain crops spell headache for farmers SP5103 09-22-2014 - 21:11
  Re: In US, huge grain crops spell headache for farmers Earl Pitts 09-23-2014 - 12:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com