Re: Lahina, Kanalipi and Pacific abandoned?
Author: nudge
Date: 12-14-2014 - 09:21

I was over there in 71'. I went over to check it out and met Richard Wright, the Master Manic. (He and a friend wrote "Put another nickel in the juke box....." at Wagon Wheel Jct. in Oxnard years before.) He had done some work for Disney on some movies that had a steam engine in it.

He gave us the cooks tour, and we went to his house for dinner. We hit a couple of gin mills and he would get up and play & sing at a few of them. He had a huge Harp at the house and he was good on that too. They only had one steamer running at the time, the other was being repaired for service. Took a round trip in the cab and had a lot of fun. My wife (Ex) had other ideas of what we should be doing.

We had a Fireman/Engineer on the Coast in SLO, Dana Jones that quit the SP and went to work for them. Don't know what he is up to now. We had a hoghead that worked in SLO come to Dunsmuir and he might know. He and Dana stopped by at the house in Mt. Shasta. He is on the TO site but don't know if he is on here.

Nudge

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Lahina, Kanalipi and Pacific abandoned? ke6qr 12-13-2014 - 18:01
  Re: Lahina, Kanalipi and Pacific abandoned? Goldminer 12-13-2014 - 19:07
  Re: Lahina, Kanalipi and Pacific abandoned? WebDigger 12-13-2014 - 20:10
  Re: Lahina, Kanalipi and Pacific abandoned? nudge 12-14-2014 - 09:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com