Re: Portola Webcam Blue Screen
Author: wsabo
Date: 02-15-2015 - 11:29

I'm hoping that the people who run the museum could say how much a new camera and installation would cost and start one of those online (kickstarter or cloud funding or whatever they call them) campaigns to raise the money needed to set it up. I have no idea how much they cost but I think they like TVs and other electronics are getting less expensive and higher quality than some of the first generation models. If the camera is truly needed for security reasons and to get pictures of vandalism to be used in criminal prosecution the museum should consider making it a very high priority buying new cameras right away and limiting the feed to its own office or monitoring area. Maybe the museum could look into the feasibility of setting up a pay per view or monthly/yearly paywall subscription fee with free access or lower fees for museum members to recoup the investment. This is something that doesn't interest me but I imagine there are others out there that would be willing to pay for it.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Portola Webcam Blue Screen Shbrail 02-12-2015 - 16:24
  Re: Portola Webcam Blue Screen Eugene 02-12-2015 - 19:35
  Re: Portola Webcam Blue Screen Tom Carter - Director/Webmaster 02-13-2015 - 19:44
  Re: Portola Webcam Blue Screen Sky 02-14-2015 - 15:01
  Re: Portola Webcam Blue Screen Tom Carter - Director/Webmaster 02-15-2015 - 10:57
  Re: Portola Webcam Blue Screen wsabo 02-15-2015 - 11:29
  Re: Portola Webcam Blue Screen HUTCH 7.62 02-15-2015 - 15:12

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com