Centralia - Maytown happenings 3/6
Author: GN Goat
Date: 03-07-2015 - 04:07

While on my route for work saw BNSF 5678 heading South on Maytown/Centralia trackage along I-5, about MP 91 on I-5. After out to Rochester and back, train was near Great Wolf Lodge waterpark MP 88 on I-5 about 6 PM

It was pulling a string of well cars. Majority,if not all were marked BN Santa Fe in the Circle logo; and others were the BNSF swoosh logo. They looked longer than the 40 footers I've seen recently but didn't see any footage markings. Train was barely moving at GWL, don't know if they put any cars on the siding. Couldn't see how long the train was. Assuming it had to be longer than what WWR could handle with their locomotive.

Heading North out of Centralia I saw 5678 parked on WWR at PSAP junction. Couldn't see if any cars with it since it was dark.

Does the WWR trackage meet BNSF main line east of Maytown? Or do trains come from Centralia PSAP and then go North? I haven't had any luck with Google Earth looking. Is possible some cars are being stored there for transfer to Ports to help with backlog? Or all for scrap?

As always, thanks in advance for any comments.

BNSF has a large group of MOW equipment in Chehalis too; I would estimate 15 to 20 pieces parked on siding in Chehalis. New ties that were along mainline in Centralia South of Amtrak are gone and large piles of used ties stacked waiting to be picked up.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Centralia - Maytown happenings 3/6 GN Goat 03-07-2015 - 04:07
  Re: Centralia - Maytown happenings 3/6 Shortline Sammie 03-07-2015 - 12:14
  Re: Centralia - Maytown happenings 3/6 Arnie Dougan 03-07-2015 - 14:00
  Re: Centralia - Maytown happenings 3/6 SP5103 03-08-2015 - 18:44
  Re: Centralia - Maytown happenings 3/6 GN Goat 03-08-2015 - 22:41
  Re: Centralia - Maytown happenings 3/6 Tom McCann 03-09-2015 - 20:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com