Re: $199 To Ride The Cal Northern and NWP to Sear's Point Raceway
Author: wsabo
Date: 03-23-2015 - 15:55

I would hope that since passenger train charters are now allowed on that track between Fairfield and the race track SMART/NWP or whoever's in charge might allow some group like GGRM or PLA to run excursions or a dinner train on the line for a lower price since you wouldn't have to pay for admission to the race or spend all day at Sears point with nothing to do. Maybe someone could run charter buses to nearby wineries for an additional fee.
I thought that NASCAR wasn't going to do this again because Cal Northern charged an extremely high price to run on it's section of track. Did NASCAR/Capitol Corridor negotiate a more reasonable deal
Does anyone know if there some secure place GGRM or another operator could store passenger cars nearby between trips so they wouldn't have to rent Capitol Corridor cars or deadhead their own equipment a long distance?
I don't know remember if anyone has answered this before but does SMART/NWP have a policy allowing charters that wouldn't interfere with regular SMART or freighttrain service?
It seems like they could make some extra money allowing charters.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  $199 To Ride The Cal Northern and NWP to Sear's Point Raceway RareTrackageAnyone? 03-21-2015 - 20:24
  Re: $199 To Ride The Cal Northern and NWP to Sear's Point Raceway wsabo 03-23-2015 - 15:55

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com