Crossing the borders by rail-passenger and freight
Author: Rolland Meyers
Date: 04-08-2015 - 21:01

I am curious how trains, both passenger and freight are regulated at border crossings? There must be a major difference in how this operation is handled between Mexico and the U.S. and Canada and the U.S. And I assume there are different procedures in dealing with freight and passenger trains.
Does anyone on the list know how this is handled at each of the borders. This is more or less a curiosity question as I had never heard it discussed on the list that I recall.
Do they physically stop all trains and inspect them or do they let passenger trains reach the next stop before doing that. Do freights actually stop for a physical inspection and if so, where?? Questions like that.

Thank you for any information.
Rolland Meyers

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Crossing the borders by rail-passenger and freight Rolland Meyers 04-08-2015 - 21:01
  Re: Crossing the borders by rail-passenger and freight Erik H. 04-09-2015 - 19:23
  Re: Crossing the borders by rail-passenger and freight Poncho Lopez 04-11-2015 - 15:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com