Re: Easter Egg Hunt in a BNSF News Story
Author: SP5103
Date: 04-26-2015 - 08:14

Found it! If investors actually believed these figures as reported, they would be dumping Berkshire-Hathaway stock. I'm guessing the reporter has no clue about rail traffic and couldn't even comprehend that their "typo" should have probably been for a daily rate.

Maybe this is why BNSF is storing grain cars as well as 40' well cars. The 13% change in train velocity would result in maybe a 10% decrease in cars needed to move the same amount of goods due to increased utilization, perhaps explaining part of the reason cars (and locos) are being stored in comparison to the recent meltdown. I wonder if the backlog off the docks has been cleared up as I would have thought that would have created a traffic surge. One spooky thing is that even though BNSF regained market share back from UP, it looks like rail traffic is dropping. I think there is some traffic that BNSF will not get back soon. There are still several UP intermodal trains across Oregon and Idaho that are still running strong numbers of TOFC for the big name companies that had been BNSF Hi-line traffic.

I am surprised of the claim they added 75 miles of second main line in ND and WA, didn't think it was that much.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Easter Egg Hunt in a BNSF News Story Bruce Kelly 04-26-2015 - 07:02
  Re: Easter Egg Hunt in a BNSF News Story SP5103 04-26-2015 - 08:14
  Re: Easter Egg Hunt in a BNSF News Story Bruce Butler 04-27-2015 - 10:44

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com