Re: Huffman urges better transportation funding plan
Author: synonymouse
Date: 05-07-2015 - 13:47

These politicians divert your tax payments to their cronies and give you mediocrities at best in return.

Think CAHSR twisted into a humongous detour to Palmdale-Mojave. I call it FailRail.

Or how about the Jerry & Willie Bay Bridge, up to $6bil and counting and apparently rusting out. I like Clem Tiller's suggestion on the HSR blog site:

"Build some support bents under the suspension span, sever the cable, and keep the ornamental tower. Turn it into the causeway it should always have been. This bridge never “spanned” anything other than mud flats and political egos."

And SMART-NWP subsidizing a few cars of grain freight ops and undermining the possibility of a functional transit line on the old SP-NWP ROW.

Need I add BART, the bottomless money pit.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Huffman urges better transportation funding plan The Odd Duck 05-07-2015 - 03:11
  Re: Huffman urges better transportation funding plan synonymouse 05-07-2015 - 10:22
  Re: Huffman urges better transportation funding plan BOB2 05-07-2015 - 10:54
  Re: Huffman urges better transportation funding plan synonymouse 05-07-2015 - 13:47
  Re: Huffman urges better transportation funding plan Sumotuwe 05-07-2015 - 16:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com