SJVR Buttonwillow Branch Customers
Author: John Bruce
Date: 05-12-2015 - 11:55

I'm trying to get a handle on the customers located on the SJVR Buttonwillow branch. Going east to west from Gosford, it looks like the first one is at Rogas, which does its own switching with a lessed SJVR unit and appears to be served by a separate job from the Bowerbank local. Next, farther to the northwest, it looks like there are two spurs serving steel fabricating yards on either side of Enos Ln in Bakersfield. Does anyone know if these are the same customer, or two different ones? After that is Frito-Lay on the east side of the I-5 in Bowerbank, which gets covered hoppers presumably full of corn and tank cars of corn syrup. On the west side of the I-5 in Bowerbank is J.G.Boswell Tomato, which ships box cars of canned tomato paste. On the north side of the line here there seems to be some sort of a feed transload that gets covered hoppers, Does anyone know the name of this customer?

In Butonwillow there appears to be a propane dealer on the east side of town and a customer just before the end of track that gets tank cars. Does anyone know the name of this customer and the exact commodity being shipped or received?

Also, there is what looks like an old grain elevator just east of Buttonwillow and a cotton processor. Does anyone know the names of these customers and when rail service stopped?

Thanks for any additions, removals, and clarifications.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SJVR Buttonwillow Branch Customers John Bruce 05-12-2015 - 11:55
  Re: SJVR Buttonwillow Branch Customers Bako Wacko 05-12-2015 - 20:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com