Re: Novato suit against NCRA moves forward
Author: Capdiamont
Date: 04-03-2008 - 14:41

You left out the interesting parts. 1) NCRA's current plan was supported by both CTC and Caltrans. Kinda makes you all's claim of NCRA doesn't know environmental law to pot, if two other agencies supported it. 2) Arnold said she supports freight, yet in her own oped, “I have decided that I will support SMART, but only if the SMART board takes a public stand against the resumption of freight service. I am not willing to turn my back on Novato residents north of Highway 37.” Here is the rest.

“We are still head-scratching over it,” Woolley said.

Woolley said NCRA officials believe the judge misunderstood the process for the project, which he said both Caltrans and the California Transportation Committee were aware of and agreed to.

“We followed the state process to the letter,” said Mitch Stogner, NCRA’s executive director.

In a phone interview, Stogner the NCRA will seek a writ with the California Court of Appeals, 1st District for an expedited review of the matter.

Work on the tracks continues to move forward for signal upgrades and levee repairs.

But, Stogner said, a previous court injunction has halted a $4 million bridge repair project in Schellville and threatens to interfere with the actual track repair contract yet to be awarded.

Marin County officials have sided with Novato.

Marin Supervisor Judy Arnold, who represents the district where Novato is located, said Wednesday via phone that she wasn’t familiar with all of the details of the ruling.

But Arnold, who was elected to her supervisor seat in 2007, said she’s been adamant about her concerns over freight trains traveling through Novato’s newly revamped $10 million city center.

“What I have said all along is that if the NCRA is gong to run freight, they can’t segment their EIR,” Arnold said.

While she isn’t against freight trains, Arnold said she wants the railroad agency to evaluate its complete project under California Environmental Quality Act process so everyone can know how many trains might be involved.

“I just want to know what the impact of freight is going to be,” Arnold said.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Novato suit against NCRA moves forward Bit 04-03-2008 - 10:27
  Re: Novato suit against NCRA moves forward Capdiamont 04-03-2008 - 14:41
  Re: Novato suit against NCRA moves forward Andy 04-03-2008 - 20:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com