Frontier/Lake Railway
Author: Jeff Moore
Date: 07-15-2015 - 22:13

I too am really curious about what trackwalker states, especially his comments re: the Lake Railway.

Last I knew, the Frontier-operated Lake Railway was very much alive and well and, if various reports are true, having some trouble keeping up with all the traffic offered to it. I drove along the line about a year ago...LOTS of new ties recently replaced in the Pit River canyon...ballast regulator sitting on the main line a ways north of Alturas...high rail equipped excavator and truck doing drainage work in the canyon...at Davis Creek, a flatcar load of ties and several other track machines on the spur, and just north of there a boom truck dragging a bulkhead flat of new ties southbound. Two GP49s they've brought in now, they repaired the #700, and have purchased and brought in a few maintenance cars (a ballast hopper from McCloud, plus a couple others). Now, I don't know what's happening behind the scenes with all this work, if there is money being skimmed off the top or whatever, but the appearances are of anything BUT a railroad being run into the ground.

"Trackwalker" comes across as someone who has an axe to grind against the company. He might be right, there might be some shady things going on behind the scenes...but then again, no one is ever going to get rich operating a railroad out of Lakeview, Oregon. They show all the signs of making an effort to improve the property, and not continue borrowing against previously invested equity...which is how that railroad lived for years before Frontier took over...

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Dayton-Walla-Walla line Hank Griggs 07-14-2015 - 22:08
  Re: Dayton-Walla-Walla line Bud 07-14-2015 - 23:04
  Re: Dayton-Walla-Walla line trackwalker 07-15-2015 - 14:17
  Re: Dayton-Walla-Walla line Walking next to the track 07-15-2015 - 15:58
  Re: Dayton-Walla-Walla line trackwalker 07-15-2015 - 17:03
  Re: Dayton-Walla-Walla line Bud 07-15-2015 - 18:15
  Re: Dayton-Walla-Walla line Ruined by WATCO 07-15-2015 - 18:17
  Re: Dayton-Walla-Walla line What the hxxk track do you walk? 07-15-2015 - 19:05
  Frontier/Lake Railway Jeff Moore 07-15-2015 - 22:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com