Re: Even more Real Steam in the People's Republic of China
Author: Ben Kletzer
Date: 07-15-2015 - 18:24

Thank you all for the nice compliments!

Bill - I have not seen any QJ 2-10-2's running in China, by the time I first came here they were only in use as big switchers on a few railroads and now there are only 2 left in steam. These 2 are used for special tourist trains on the JiTong Railway, something I will try to photograph this winter.

Jim - Yes, western China is very desolate. I have been out there several times for steam trips, and I have yet to see a tree or any wildlife, just rocks and colorless scrub. The climate is basically an extreme version of the Great Basin of Nevada, cold dry winters, and hot dry summers.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Even more Real Steam in the People's Republic of China Ben Kletzer 07-15-2015 - 08:00
  Re: Even more Real Steam in the People's Republic of China Bill Kohler 07-15-2015 - 08:40
  Re: Even more Real Steam in the People's Republic of China Jim Fitzgerald 07-15-2015 - 13:21
  Re: Even more Real Steam in the People's Republic of China Margaret (SP fan) 07-15-2015 - 16:01
  Re: Even more Real Steam in the People's Republic of China Ben Kletzer 07-15-2015 - 18:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com