Rail Photo Planning Tool
Author: FL
Date: 07-15-2015 - 19:48

[umeda.github.io]

I made this web page to plot when a train on a given track, headed a given direction has sun on its nose and side - the old three quarter shot. I wonder if people find this useful, or would it just dampen creativity by encouraging wedgies from the same location every time.

I've only plotted one location so far, and that's around the Roseville wye. If you adjust the time, markers will appear showing which end of the train the locomotives should be at. Click on a marker and it will discribe where to take the photo from. The color of the track turns green if the angle of the sun is such that the undercarriage is illuminated too. Note that the time may be off if you are in a time zone other than Pacific.

If people are interested, I can add more locations. I just need some geographic information. Or if you want to, download the page and edit it for yourself. It's all in a single HTML file. Any suggestions about the design are welcome.

-FL

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Rail Photo Planning Tool FL 07-15-2015 - 19:48
  Re: Rail Photo Planning Tool Mark 07-15-2015 - 21:44
  Re: Rail Photo Planning Tool FL 07-15-2015 - 22:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com