Re: San Francisco Whereizit (Streets thereof)
Author: Dr Zarkoff
Date: 08-22-2015 - 10:30

1: mostly the Embarcadero, south of the Bay Bridge. I don't recall phone booths on the platforms at 3rd and Townsend.

2: same general area, except that a few locations in the latter part are in the hilly area south of Mission Bay Yard. The place where the guy in the red car drives in and raises all that dust looks like Lone Star Aggregates near 18th and Harrison. One or two scenes look like the WP tracks between Division St and the caved-in tunnel.

SP didn't have a facility for unloading autoracks in SF. Pigs, yes, auto racks, no, that was done in West Oakland at three separate facilities: PMT, Commercial Carriers, and Kenosha. This doesn't mean that autoracks absolutely never came into Bayshore, but none of these scenes were shot out Bayshore way. The scene with them going by is most likely not in the SF area (LA probably, besides, the guy climbing the fences was inside the fenced area, not the other way around).

I've had a few burgers myself at Walt's diner.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  San Francisco Whereizit (Streets thereof) Michael Douglas 08-22-2015 - 00:09
  Re: San Francisco Whereizit (Streets thereof) Don---Napa-- 08-22-2015 - 07:33
  Re: San Francisco Whereizit (Streets thereof) George Andrews 08-22-2015 - 08:31
  Re: San Francisco Whereizit (Streets thereof) Dr Zarkoff 08-22-2015 - 10:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com