Re: Anyone Have SP Plans For Concrete Mileposts W/ Letters?
Author: John Sweetser
Date: 09-11-2015 - 14:33

LoverofLore wrote:

>These would be shaped like a standard concrete milepost but with a letter beneatht (sic) the number.

The SP (including subsidiary NWP) didn't use concrete mileposts.

>At present, no one knows exactly what these mean ...

"No one?" Pretty dumb statement. I'm confident that I know exactly what they mean.

>Others contend the letter G means cattleguard or gate.

What "others?" You're the only one who has speculated they mean cattleguard.

>I call them mileposts because that's what they look like.

No, they don't look like mileposts. SP mileposts were attached perpedicularly to poles or posts and were rectangular. The signs in question were set directly in the ground and had beveled corners at the top.

This is the fourth thread you've started on this subject. Why don't you give it a rest? It's obvious you're not comprehending anything.

R Ruiz wrote:

> I will add that the lettered structures were not only used for culverts. Every structure on the track recieved a letter including bridges,culverts, cattle guards, tunnels, and some grade crossings... The letters were always sequential...

I am not aware of any tunnels on the SP getting letters as part of their identification. They were always identified by number (i.e., Tunnel 1, Tunnel 26, etc.)

Grade crossings were identified by a "B" in front of the milepost number. Therefore, for grade crossings, letters weren't "always sequential" (and grade crossings didn't receive free-standing signs like used for culverts and bridges).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Anyone Have SP Plans For Concrete Mileposts W/ Letters? LoverofLore 09-10-2015 - 20:10
  Re: Anyone Have SP Plans For Concrete Mileposts W/ Letters? R Ruiz 09-11-2015 - 01:04
  Re: Anyone Have SP Plans For Concrete Mileposts W/ Letters? LoverofLore 09-11-2015 - 02:08
  Re: Anyone Have SP Plans For Concrete Mileposts W/ Letters? John Sweetser 09-11-2015 - 14:33
  Re: Anyone Have SP Plans For Concrete Mileposts W/ Letters? LoverofLore 09-12-2015 - 11:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com