Tacoma Rail Olympia Turn Tuesday
Author: GN Goat
Date: 11-05-2015 - 01:52

While in Olympia for work Tuesday night I heard train whistle and knew TR was in Oly switching.

I found the train on the curve just before they enter the tunnel to go across Capital Lake.

Watched them while they moved back and forth with two locomotives (4002 was one #) and cars on either end. 15 cars (Gray ones) that were bound for Port of Olympia, and 5 cars, tanker and boxcars on the other. From what I've read in the past the 15 cars for Port are to be loaded with materials bound for Oil Fields in the Dakotas.

Train headed into the tunnel so I headed over to Capital Lake on Deschutes Parkway to watch. I was surprised to see them move this train with cars on either ends of the locomotives and one crewmember riding the boxcar as they moved West. At Deschutes Pkway, their TR pickup truck and crewmember set out flares. Train then went up the cut towards Tumwater, stopped, then backed down the track along Deschutes Parkway to park the 15 cars. I asked crewmember why storing there. "They're suppose to go to the Port, but we are locked out".

Two locomotives and 5 cars then went back East across the lake; I had to continue on my route for work.

Wish it has been daylight; I would like to get TR on video crossing Capital Lake and street running thru DT Olympia. My first time seeing them switch Olympia in the three years I've worked down there. Hopefully next summer when we have daylight.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tacoma Rail Olympia Turn Tuesday GN Goat 11-05-2015 - 01:52

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com