Re: Name this critter
Author: Keith
Date: 11-11-2015 - 10:01

I was in Alturas this spring and there was one of the RS4TC's in the yard. It was one of the two that are
in the newer red of the military. The other three I found at Lakeview, OR, the north end of the
Lake Ry. One was at what passes for a shop, and the other two were on a small spur just to the
north, by an abandonded warehouse. The two red ones have a nice logo for the long gone Nevada -
California - Oregon.

A very obsverant city employee gave me some details of these units. They were to be used for the
Modoc Academy operation. After a few years of them sitting around the city wanted them gone.
A person that was associated with the Washington - Idaho RR gave the city a check for $100,000
for the four units. After a year or more, nothing happened as far as them moving out. It seems
the city then reclaimed them. Not known if the Lake County bought the three they have. There
was no one around the LC facility to ask who owned them. I was also told the UP had brought
three trains of tankcars all the way over to the Alturas yard, with UP power. These are
to be for a new operation on the LC. I wish I had known about these moves, would liked to
of chased at least one.

I guess the check the city got cleared, so they are doing pretty well budget wise.

If anyone has beter info, please update or correct me. I came up with the W-I RR from
what the city guy knew about where the buyer was from.

Keith

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Name this critter HUTCH 7.62 11-10-2015 - 13:59
  Re: Name this critter Central Scruitnizer 11-10-2015 - 15:45
  Re: Name this critter Espee99 11-10-2015 - 16:38
  Re: Name this critter Jeff Moore 11-10-2015 - 19:00
  Re: Name this critter AZebra 11-10-2015 - 21:23
  Re: Name this critter SP5103 11-10-2015 - 23:58
  Re: Name this critter Keith 11-11-2015 - 10:01
  Re: Name this critter HUTCH 7.62 11-11-2015 - 12:08
  Re: Name this critter Shortline Sammie 11-11-2015 - 18:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com