Re: "This glorious steam locomotive is full of 1923's finest technology" -- theverge.com
Author: Bruce Butler
Date: 12-14-2015 - 08:50

Nice article and pictures. Looks like a #6 brake valve. In 1953 (I was 13) my family made the Durango-Silverton round trip behind the 473.

While most of us aren't particularly thrilled about getting old (I was born in 1940), I considered it a special privilege to have witnessed the final days of regular steam operation; mostly on the NP, but also some of the UP. A 1956 family vacation trip around the U.S. and Canada gave me the opportunity to see steam action on quite a few other railroads that I had only read about. Wonderful memories.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "This glorious steam locomotive is full of 1923's finest technology" -- theverge.com Margaret (SP fan) 12-13-2015 - 23:41
  Re: "This glorious steam locomotive is full of 1923's finest technology" -- theverge.com synonymouse 12-14-2015 - 00:27
  Re: "This glorious steam locomotive is full of 1923's finest technology" -- theverge.com Bruce Butler 12-14-2015 - 08:50
  Re: "This glorious steam locomotive is full of 1923's finest technology" -- theverge.com BOB R BOB R 12-14-2015 - 21:17
  Re: "This glorious steam locomotive is full of 1923's finest technology" -- theverge.com Frosty 12-14-2015 - 21:55

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com