Re: National NRHS site acting strange -- fixed now -- whew! :)
Author: Margaret (SP fan)
Date: 02-09-2016 - 23:47

This problem did not happen all by itself. It happened because someone did something -- and it probably was someone in the company that maintains the HRHS website.

I am a long-time NRHS member, and I am very irritated and very disappointed by the NRHS’s cluelessness shown by their choice of the company company they chose to do their on-line renewals. (This is relevant because it shows how clueless the NRHS is when it comes to computer technology.) They chose a Quebec company -- yes, a Canadian company! Not a Silicon Valley company with really good programmers. All they needed was a simple one-page form anyone could fill out and submit credit-card info securely. But what did we get? A multi-page site that is very hard to use. And, to make matters worse, all members recently got an e-mail IN FRENCH!! I thought it was spam, and notified my local chapter’s membership chairman, and did NOT try to e-mail the NRHS National because I was sure the message was SPAM. Turned out it was a mistake by their on-line renewal company, and the company has promised the National it will not happen again. But they are the wrong company to deal with. I cannot understand why no one in the HRHS was able to find anyone who had the competence to choose a good company to deal with to handle on-line memberships.

Soooo -- I am not at all surprised that this happened. They never even tried to put up a notice saying “UNDER CONSTRUCTION”, as most orgs do, when they need to take their website down for a while.

I know about “godaddy”, and was very relieved to learn that the domain name “nrhs dot com" had not, after all, expired. Yes, the NRHS should most definitely have also bought “NRHS dot org” -- for the reason Al Stangenberger said: “dot org” is what most non-profits use.

That’s the NRHS for ya. I enjoy the people and publications and such, but, really..... Sigh......

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  National NRHS site acting strange Ken Shattock (KRK) 02-09-2016 - 13:33
  Re: National NRHS site acting strange New Felton 02-09-2016 - 14:27
  Re: National NRHS site acting strange WebDigger 02-09-2016 - 16:30
  Re: National NRHS site acting strange mook 02-09-2016 - 16:40
  Re: National NRHS site acting strange Al Stangenberger 02-09-2016 - 17:41
  Re: National NRHS site acting strange mook 02-09-2016 - 20:59
  Re: National NRHS site acting strange WebDigger 02-09-2016 - 23:40
  Re: National NRHS site acting strange -- fixed now -- whew! :) Margaret (SP fan) 02-09-2016 - 23:47

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com