Re: Dave Smith, see W&I NP trivia thread....Done!
Author: Dave Smith
Date: 05-24-2008 - 13:58

The story I heard was that ISDOT put the rehad costs of the embargoed Moscow to Arrow portion at about $2.5 million back in 1997(?) But since then they've spent close to $25 million paving over parts of the ROW for bike paths. As much as I like recreational trails, I'd rather they'd done the rehab on the line. My guess is that ISDOT wanted part of the ROW along Highway 3 for widening the roadway, which they did. Between Arrow and Kendrick there's maybe three short spots where the ROW sloughed off into the riverbed that I can see.

I've also ran or hiked over most of the remaining ROW between Troy and Kendrick. There's maybe one small portion just west of Kendrick that has some sloughing down into the creekbed, the rest of that portion could be relaid with rail tommorrow.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Dave Smith, see W&I NP trivia thread Dilbert 05-21-2008 - 17:51
  Hey Joe Jimmi 05-21-2008 - 19:47
  Re: Dave Smith, see W&I NP trivia thread....Done! Dave Smith 05-22-2008 - 18:25
  Re: Dave Smith, see W&I NP trivia thread....Done! Mic Dundee 05-23-2008 - 10:31
  Re: Dave Smith, see W&I NP trivia thread....Done! Dave Smith 05-24-2008 - 13:58
  Re: Dave Smith, see W&I NP trivia thread....Done! Jimmy Z 05-28-2008 - 17:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com