Domes Over Donner
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 05-24-2008 - 23:33

I happened to be on the Domes Over Donner excursion today. Excellent service aboard the Silver Lariat and Silver Silver Solarium. For those of you who read a posting on TrainOrders, the cars were put on in the Bay area and were cut off at Sparks. They will be put back on the westbound CZ on Monday for the return to Emeryville. Silver Lariat will be heading south on Saturday May 31 via Coast Starlight to be put on the 3751 steam excursion to San Diego on June 1. Who will be riding? Please raise your hand. For those of you who have ever considered taking a first class trip, Trains Unlimited Tours, based in Reno, NV, is working with California Zephyr Railcar Charters on many first class PV trips and tours. It is well worth your money to do this at least once. Having been on the Silver Lariat for Operation Lifesaver events, this is just a little bit different to have first class wait staff taking care of you!

I still owe you more of my recent Portland trip. I had yesterday aboard the Coast Starlight to catch up on the Oregon Zoo Washington Park and Zoo Railroad. I hope to finish that by tomorrow evening. You can view what is online on my web site.

Richard Elgenson, out.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Domes Over Donner Richard Elgenson 05-24-2008 - 23:33
  Re: Domes Over Donner Dave Dodds 05-25-2008 - 04:53
  Re: Domes Over Donner George Andrews 05-26-2008 - 18:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com