Re: Post Falls (reasons) and other Spokane area CW story??
Author: Bruce Butler
Date: 02-01-2007 - 08:39

The SR article had a pix of the truck. Damage not too bad, all things considered. They were lucky!

Now for my sarcasm. The "fix" for all of this --- why "Bridging the valley" what else!!! And where is the first "bridge" going in --- Havana street no less! My personal opinion is that Havana street should just be closed as there are bridges over the tracks at Freya (west) and Fancher (east). Of course we the taxpayer get to foot the bill.

Personal disqualifier:
In the interests of full disclosure:

Disadvantages -
1. Havana street is one of our favorite local train watching locations and the bridge will likely destroy this.
2. I personally enjoy hearing all the train whistles, especially the UP with their many many crossings. I will miss this.

Advantages
1. Living adjacent to the BNSF mainline, on purpose I should add, it will be nice to see the UP train action if and when they move onto the proposed 3rd mainline track. Of course, MOST FOLKS would put this one into the Disadvantages category

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Post Falls Tabasco 01-30-2007 - 18:24
  Re: Post Falls (reasons) hepkema 01-31-2007 - 07:49
  Re: Post Falls (reasons) Mike Anderson 01-31-2007 - 11:50
  Re: Post Falls (reasons) Bruce Kelly 01-31-2007 - 12:34
  Re: Post Falls (reasons) and other Spokane area Frank 01-31-2007 - 15:08
  Re: Post Falls (reasons) and other Spokane area CW story?? Boss Hogg 01-31-2007 - 17:32
  Re: Post Falls (reasons) and other Spokane area CW story?? Bruce Butler 02-01-2007 - 08:39
  Re: Post Falls (reasons) and other Spokane area CW story?? Tom Barrett 02-01-2007 - 17:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com