Re: Three ‘Raging Grannies’ arrested for blocking oil and coal trains
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-02-2016 - 09:20

Of course, they drove a car to get to the protest, right? And, someone picked them up in a car when they were bailed out, right....? And, they were all Leafs, recharged by the sun, right? Maybe, but if past experience is any indication, I'll bet not....?

I always loved to see Joann, my favorite anti freeway zealot, show up at the No 710 rallies or hearings, driving in her Volvo, with the No 710 license plate, even at rush hour, even to the MTA building, which is accessible faster and cheaper from South Pasadena by the Gold Line.....

One day for a joke, Richard Katz asked for a show of hands from the No 710 contingent, who were all ranting that we should all take transit instead of building the tunnel to complete the 710 gap, at the MTA Board Meeting in the audience. Guess what, not one hand went up.... Oh well, just do as I say, not as I do....?

Nat Read, the head PR guy for the pro 710 camp almost always took the Gold Line to MTA from Pasadena....interesting?

When you believe that you have sole possession of all truth, how could you ever be a hypocrite, right?

The scientific evidence tells me that global warming, from increased CO2 levels, most likely largely due to burning an awful lot of carbonaceous fuels, is real. And, we do need to address it, because rising sea levels and chaotic weather pattersns will do real harm and cause real losses to future generations. But, driving your car out to sit in front of a train, blocking trains, including passenger trains, causing the waste even more fuel and creating even more wasted carbon emissions, is sheer hypocrisy....not effective action.

You say you want a revolution, well you know, we all want to change the world.........

You better free your mind instead.......

It's good that it's not about those dastardly "evil" trains, though.............

Pogo was right: "We have met the enemy, and he is us...."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Three ‘Raging Grannies’ arrested for blocking oil and coal trains Rolf 09-01-2016 - 22:49
  Re: Three ‘Raging Grannies’ arrested for blocking oil and coal trains Roberto Bautista 09-02-2016 - 09:11
  Re: Three ‘Raging Grannies’ arrested for blocking oil and coal trains BOB2 09-02-2016 - 09:20
  Re: Three ‘Raging Grannies’ arrested for blocking oil and coal trains Artimus Bellfower 09-02-2016 - 12:31
  Re: Three ‘Raging Grannies’ arrested for blocking oil and coal trains Goober 09-03-2016 - 15:44
  Re: Three ‘Raging Grannies’ arrested for blocking oil and coal trains Dr. Horatius Fallacious 09-04-2016 - 10:29

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com