Re: Questions on the movie Emperor of the North
Author: Jeff Moore
Date: 09-20-2016 - 23:08

When the movie was filmed the OP&E had a fleet of six or so SP "subs", their first set of passenger excursion equipment. They sold those cars off a year or two after the movie work. I don't remember where the initially ended up, but at least two and maybe three of them are now on the Mt. Rainier Railroad in Washington. Not sure where the rest went, or if they are still around. As for the freight cars...no idea, but in all likelihood long since scrapped.

You're going to have to be a big more specific with your second question...which bridge scene? I assume you are talking about the wooden trestle? That part of the movie was filmed on the SP&S Vernonia Branch...not sure what a second set of tracks would be other than possibly the additional set of safety rails on the inside of the main rails? I'd have to go back and look at the movie again to see what you are talking about...

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Questions on the movie Emperor of the North Don B 09-20-2016 - 21:55
  Re: Questions on the movie Emperor of the North Jeff Moore 09-20-2016 - 23:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com