Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority
Author: mook
Date: 11-10-2016 - 16:02

Yes, some people will want to bring their bike along for that reason. But a lot of others would or could ride to the station and drop the bike there given walking or transit distance to work. A lot of us did that in Folsom with light rail. If I brought the bike to work, I needed to use the cage and it was often full too, with bikes of people who actually rode to work, so I only did that (with light rail) if I actually needed the bike for a work trip.

Running out of space on the train *is* an issue. Ask the people who want to bring their bikes on Caltrain. Light rail cars in Sacramento typically allow 2-4 bikes at each end (except on the first car where handicapped gets the front) depending on how the seats are laid out. If there are too many and it's causing a problem, the transit cops/security people will force some off to wait for the next train. Before light rail, we had commute buses on the freeway that had racks on the front for only 2 bikes - even bigger problem, with fewer runs.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority The Odd Duck 11-10-2016 - 12:54
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority synonymouse 11-10-2016 - 13:24
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority Biker 11-10-2016 - 13:29
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority NWP 11-10-2016 - 14:03
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority mook 11-10-2016 - 16:02
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority BOB2 11-10-2016 - 14:55
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority mook 11-10-2016 - 15:55
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority BOB2 11-10-2016 - 16:51
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority Thufir 11-10-2016 - 19:14
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority The Odd Duck 11-10-2016 - 19:24
  Re: Marin IJ Editorial: Bike riders should be a SMART priority hmarkwart 12-06-2016 - 11:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com