Car storage on the dormant section of the CCT near Sacramento
Author: Matt K
Date: 07-04-2008 - 16:00

I havent seen any life on the section of the CCT south/east of Florin Perkins save the occasional bulk covered hoppers for the business across from the old CCT Fruitridge office for years. Most, if not all the crossing signs and equipment have been removed from every grade crossing between there and Herald.

Today I noticed a cut of 8-9 old Golden West and UP 50' boxcars between the (removed) crossings of South Watt and Florin Roads, and further south a long long string of more of the same south of Florin. Had to be at least 50-60 in all. I also noticed the siding near Florin is still in place, albeit in terrible condition.

Im wondering how this section is able to be used for even car storage when every crossing the cars would have to cross has zero protection. I guess hand flagging?

Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Car storage on the dormant section of the CCT near Sacramento Matt K 07-04-2008 - 16:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com