Re: Arizona & California schedule?
Author: Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez
Date: 01-02-2017 - 12:07

Hi Bill,

Between Parker and Castle Hot Springs they run 708 (westbound)/807 (eastbound) Mon-Fri. Crew goes on duty around 00:00. They often get into Castel Hot Springs well before dawn. For the westbound trip they can depart Castle Hot Springs anywhere between well before dawn to well after. Roads through here should be in decent shape.

Between Parker and Cadiz, they typically run 708/807 Sun-Thur. They will typically depart Parker around noonish, though this can be delayed if the WB from Castle Hot Springs is late into Parker or what ever other reason. Typically about a 3.5 hour or so run to Cadiz, though if they do any setouts this can be longer. At Cadiz they will swap trains with the BNSF and then head back. There is not regular work on this section though cars are stored in some of the sidings. Paved roads are in good shape. As of Jan 2016 dirt road out to Milligan is pretty good, but west of there starts getting a bit worse. Nothing a decent 4wd cant handle, but would not really wanna be out there when its raining.

Additionally they run a local out of Parker, but I know very little about it... maybe others can fill in here. They also handle some BNSF run though Trains... the symbols I have in my notes are: B-PHXSBD (empty intermodals westbound), M-PHXBAR (manifest traffic westbound), M-BARPHX (manifest traffic eastbound), and V-PHXSDG (empty autos westbound). My understanding is that most of these are quite infrequent.

Here are a few shots I took them between Parker and Rice about a year ago.

[www.flickr.com]

Take care,
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Arizona & California schedule? Bill 01-02-2017 - 09:13
  Re: Arizona & California schedule? Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 01-02-2017 - 12:07
  Re: Arizona & California schedule? ShortlinesUSA 01-02-2017 - 12:30
  Re: Arizona & California schedule? Little Guy 01-02-2017 - 14:52
  Re: Arizona & California schedule? An Observer 01-02-2017 - 13:19
  Re: Arizona & California schedule? Bill 01-02-2017 - 15:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com