V&T Reconstruction Meeting Summary plus Guy Rocha in Virginia City
Author: Jim Lohse
Date: 07-14-2008 - 23:38

Hi folks,

JULY MEETING SUMMARY NOW AVAILABLE

I have finally posted a very biased meeting summary for the V&T Reconstruction Commission on the website at [www.renorailfans.com]. It's really long and I promise not to go into such detail again.

The main decision was to abandon the five Pullman cars currently stored at the Feather River Railroad Society in Portola, CA. Well, maybe abandon isn't the right word, they're going to try selling them. If anyone wants a railroad car that needs TLC (tools labor and cash) please contact the Commission...

ARCHIVIST-IN-CHIEF GUY ROCHA AT AUGUST 31 MEETING IN VIRGINIA CITY

Also I'm very happy to announce that the August 31 meeting of the Virginia Truckee Railroad Historical Society will feature Nevada's State Archivist-in-Chief Guy Rocha speaking about the miners of the Comstock Lode. The VTRRHS goes beyond just railroads to study the history of the Comstock, you don't want to miss this one!

JULY MEETING STUDIES TODAY'S VIRGINIA AND TRUCKEE
On a less grand note, the July 26 meeting of the VTRRHS will feature the history of today's Virginia and Truckee Railroad tourist line operated by the Gray family.

The Saturday, July 26 and Sunday, August 31 meetings will be at High Noon at the Virginia City Ramada Hotel at 100 N. E Street in Virginia City, Nevada. See you there!

[www.livingsteam.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  V&T Reconstruction Meeting Summary plus Guy Rocha in Virginia City Jim Lohse 07-14-2008 - 23:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com