Re: How is Ken Shattock doing?
Author: Ken Shattock (KRK)
Date: 02-03-2017 - 19:07

Thanks, fellas for your inquiries and concerns. I'm still here--but not sure of my current health problems. I go to my regular doctor at Group Health Cooperative in Tacoma this Wednesday and plan on asking him what the hell do I have. It's all in the Lungs and I can't shake it. To my friend, Carol Voss, I would like to state that almost any day now, Group Health becomes "Kaiser Permanente" .. That ought to make you smile !
I occasionally read A-P postings but I don't want to really say anything much, because I feel lousy and because in the past I have said too much and offended folks. For those of you interested in "Train Simulators", I stumbled upon this program where you can take the controls of a Sacramento Northern train from the SF Delta and guide it on old right-of-ways on into San Francisco like it did from 1939 to 1941. Here is the LINK if you are interested: [www.gtraxsims.com]

I don't know who drafted this but it looks pretty clever. In closing, the BOOK I have been working on for the past few years is up to TWENTY chapters with some SEVENTEEN Bios on folks that were friends of my Grandfather. Not doing too much right now, but I save what I wrote on CD's. I have a 1950's // 1960's circa LIONEL layout that takes up space in what used to be my Dining Room and Living Room, until my General Manager (Suzie) said I could have those two rooms for 1/4-inch scale equipment. Gives me something constructive to do and have a hobby to keep my brain alert. I am the sole survivor of my family. I lost my Brother Jim to Heart Problems and Dementia at age 78. My sister Patty at age 74 of a heart attack in 2009. They were "SP" kids thru and thru-- raised as children on Maintenance of Way Outfit Trains in the 30's. What a life--but I missed out ! SO-- I hope I can keep plugging along a little bit more. Please excuse my story-telling, but I wanted to let you know of my situation and absence from A-P !! For those of you who never got a chance to see the Live Steam layout I was raised with, during my childhood, check out the TWO You Tube links below. I think you'll like them !!

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

God Bless all of you !

Ken Shattock (KRK)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How is Ken Shattock doing? ron 02-03-2017 - 17:49
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Joe Cullum 02-03-2017 - 17:50
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Jim 02-03-2017 - 17:52
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Jim 02-03-2017 - 18:53
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? SteveD 02-04-2017 - 09:30
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? OPRRMS 02-03-2017 - 17:56
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? synonymouse 02-03-2017 - 18:55
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Ken Shattock (KRK) 02-03-2017 - 19:07
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Carol L Voss 02-03-2017 - 22:19
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Bob Dobbs 02-04-2017 - 05:35
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Tony Johnson 02-04-2017 - 06:42
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? Espee2472 02-04-2017 - 09:30
  Re: How is Ken Shattock doing? JOHN 02-04-2017 - 17:22
  Ken Nudge 02-04-2017 - 18:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com