Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video
Author: Steve Carter
Date: 02-12-2017 - 01:56

I've been spending a lot of time documenting the construction of the new Sounder Bridge in Tacoma that will replace the historic wooden Milwaukee Road S Curve trestle, as well as the rest of the overall project from Tacoma to Nisqually.

The bulk of my time has been taking images for a time lapse video of the bridge project. I intended on mounting a camera, but was not able to secure a location. So, I've been hand holding, with the help of a mono-pod, at a specific location. The images are processed through Lightroom, Photoshop and Proshow Producer. I have created a test run that includes work from 8/2016 through 10/2016. Click this link to Vimeo where this video resides.

If you look at my other Vimeo videos, you will find another time lapse from one of the last freight trains to cross the wooden trestle. We are less than a week away from the end of service over the Milwaukee trestle. On Friday 2/17/2016, work will begin on removing the steel girder bridge over East G street (part of the wooden trestle structure) and the new bridge will be in service by the 22nd (likely by Monday the 20th). Shortly thereafter the trestle will be dismantled and fade into history after 80 years of service.

I have also compiled a large collection of construction images from various other locations.
Click this link to my Pbase site and those images.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video Steve Carter 02-12-2017 - 01:56
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video mvs 02-12-2017 - 09:35
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video BOB2 02-12-2017 - 12:50
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video BN Oly 02-12-2017 - 14:41
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video Steve Carter 02-12-2017 - 20:39
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video Steve Carter 02-12-2017 - 20:30
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video George Andrews 02-13-2017 - 20:51
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video RFM 02-12-2017 - 18:05
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video Steve Carter 02-12-2017 - 20:42
  Re: Tacoma Sounder Bridge Construction Photos/Video Arlen Sheldrake 02-13-2017 - 21:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com