Re: Diesel Fuel Questions
Author: Nudge
Date: 04-07-2017 - 17:53

Railroad Diesel is different and is not involved with road taxes. I know under the SP they used to shop around years before and lock in a price. They had a spec sheet that the fuel had fit. Some time they would get a tank car and it was "real" No. 2. Sometime it was diesel but the shellac content was so high, it would toast an average engine.

There was a Hostler in Bayshore that borrowed his brother-in-laws year old Mercedes 300 SDL. Well, when we went to beans, he drove the car over to the fuel rack and filled the tank with SPs diesel. When he got off that night, he made it half way back to SJ and the engine seized.

I know when I had my RV/bus, it held 252 gallons of diesel fuel. I would top it off before leaving Arizona, go thru LA, up the Coast, Sacramento and up I-5. Depending on how much fuel I had used, I would maybe get 25 gallons before Redding, at the most, and it would take me to Medford. Nobody I know has purchased diesel fuel in CA for years if they could get around it. Truckers hate CA diesel. Beside being expensive, it had so much stuff removed and other crud added it was a engine & filter headache.

Nudge

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Diesel Fuel Questions Don B 04-07-2017 - 14:28
  Re: Diesel Fuel Questions Kyle 04-07-2017 - 15:58
  Re: Diesel Fuel Questions An Observer 04-07-2017 - 16:20
  Re: Diesel Fuel Questions Nudge 04-07-2017 - 17:53
  Re: Diesel Fuel Questions BOB2 04-08-2017 - 09:38
  Re: Diesel Fuel Questions HUTCH 7.62 04-08-2017 - 14:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com