Re: Where did the TWC limits Rios between Wunpost and Bradley come from?
Author: SP5103
Date: 07-29-2017 - 15:07

> Does any body know where Rios block at mp 192 on coast sub came from?

I think you might have your terminology mixed up. If there was a "Rios Block", that suggests it was the name of a DTC block (or maybe even BRT). The Coast line was ABS-DTC in late SP days.

UP doesn't seem to care for DTC which uses fixed limits of a "Block". So if you're talking modern era, "Rios" would either be a Station or a Control Point (in CTC or an interlocking), as TWC uses established locations (typically a Station, Switch or MP) to establish the extent of its limits.

Of course, you may have heard someone else incorrectly (at least per actual rule) apply to ask the DS or the DS reply getting them to that "block", which is just their reference they need the next bit of track to Rios station (official or unofficial?).

I would be curious to known, but I'm not familiar with the current Coast line operations. Didn't UP change it from DTC-ABS to TWC-ABS not long after takeover? Plus a few islands of Double Track w/ or w/o ABS? Has any of it been upgraded to CTC?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Where did the TWC limits Rios between Wunpost and Bradley come from? Deadhead Fred 07-29-2017 - 13:56
  Re: Where did the TWC limits Rios between Wunpost and Bradley come from? SP5103 07-29-2017 - 15:07
  Re: Where did the TWC limits Rios between Wunpost and Bradley come from? Nudge 07-29-2017 - 17:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com