Re: POVA current operations
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 08-20-2008 - 08:12

Go to trainsmag.com, look up the May issue in their "back issues" tab, and read the on-line extra piece I wrote about POVA ops. That whole story took a few years for them to finally publish, so portions of it were probably out-dated despite the many revisions I sent in. They still can tie up just about anywhere, which determines where they start the next morning. They normally park the power at Priest River, Newport, or Usk. But you never can tell. If you find a lone Geep on the north leg of the Newport wye, the train is probably east of town with the other Geep. If a lone Geep is on the south leg/main line at Newport, they may be starting their day up at Usk. Currently using 161.415. Boxcars of paper and empty clay hoppers come south into Newport, and sometimes they'll swap units at Newport before continuing east. Heavier trips will require two Geeps. I've seen them switch the Albeni Falls branch going east or west. Lumber also picked up eastbound at a reload in Priest River and mill at Laclede. They call UP on 160.740 for a track warrant east of Dover (MP 72) and give it back after they come back west.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  POVA current operations JBBlack 08-18-2008 - 18:13
  Re: POVA current operations Bruce Kelly 08-20-2008 - 08:12
  Re: POVA current operations JBBlack 08-21-2008 - 18:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com