Re: Siskiyou County stuff
Author: Jeff Moore
Date: 09-21-2017 - 22:22

Recently updated Google Earth imagery shows the YW 21 sitting on the main line a short distance of of Montague, out past the sewer ponds. I doubt it's moved since it moved the 19 out in March, if anyone knows different please say something. I can't see the photo you posted, Greg, but I'm guessing that was the field next to Hi-Ridge, my memory is that was not YW but a private investor who saw an opportunity after the incentive per firm boxcar boom went bust. YW did store some cars in the middle to late 2000s, nothing since.

No idea on McCloud. Nothing's been done there in a year now. Typical pattern there has been brief spurts of activity with long periods of silence in between, depending on large part on what's going on with other Williams Group properties and projects and who's available to go work in McCloud.

As for CORP, I cannot really see how the operation on the south end is viable in the long term given train sizes, butI get the impression there are additional forces at work that invalidate a lot of traditional railroad economics.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Siskiyou County stuff prospector 09-21-2017 - 10:20
  Re: Siskiyou County stuff Goatboat 09-21-2017 - 14:46
  Re: Siskiyou County stuff Jeff Moore 09-21-2017 - 22:22
  Re: Siskiyou County stuff Goatboat 09-22-2017 - 08:32
  Re: Siskiyou County stuff Mikado 09-22-2017 - 17:33
  Re: Siskiyou County stuff prospector 09-22-2017 - 19:31

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com