MOTORCYCLIST DIES TRYING TO BEAT TRAIN AT DOWNTOWN SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA CROSSING (With photo and video)
Author: D.E.T.
Date: 08-27-2008 - 00:01

Quote:
Jason Watkins watched a motorcycle rider make a fatal decision Thursday in Shreveport.

He was driving south on East Caddo Street near a Union Pacific railroad crossing about 6:20 p.m. when the cyclist, a man in his 60s, flew past him in the opposite direction trying to beat a train.

The man, whose name hadn’t been released, died probably from a crossing arm hitting him and him subsequently falling to the pavement, said Shreveport police Cpl. Gerald Fletcher, a crash investigator.

“I seen him fly off his bike and land over by the curb,” Watkins said. “I called my wife. I said, ‘I think I just seen a man killed.’ I said, ‘Maybe it’s one of those movies filming.’”
Shreveport Times

It looks like Watkins "seen" a lot. He probably ain't "seen" too much education. That said, he's still a lot smarter than the guy who got himself killed by the crossing arm. At least it wasn't as messy as getting killed by the train itself would have been.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railroad Newsline for Monday, 08/25/08 Larry W. Grant 08-24-2008 - 20:01
  Re: Railroad Newsline for Monday, 08/25/08 John Hill 08-25-2008 - 15:40
  Because the Challenger is voting for Obama Vance Pomerening 08-26-2008 - 09:53
  Re: Railroad Newsline for Monday, 08/25/08 Doug 08-26-2008 - 11:25
  Re: Railroad Newsline for Monday, 08/25/08 idiot 08-28-2008 - 22:07
  Re: tired of politics Fresh Prince 08-30-2008 - 10:53
  MOTORCYCLIST DIES TRYING TO BEAT TRAIN AT DOWNTOWN SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA CROSSING (With photo and video) D.E.T. 08-27-2008 - 00:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com