Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? Dunno yet, but real close
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-05-2017 - 14:48

It is up on the hills on the Ventura, down to the fields in some places. There is stuff further east toward Santa Paula and the road up to Ojai. Haven't seen how far that has come down, since most of the cameras have been on those neighborhoods in upper Ventura. From the aerial shots, several of those neighborhoods have Santa Rosa level damage. One totally "suburban" neighborhood had multiple houses burning literally down to the green vegetable fields along the 126, where it stopped.

At the other end it is in Santa Clarita, in the I-5/126 area, which Ch. 5 just reported is going southwesterly with the winds toward Fillmore and Simi. There are fires further over in the Tujunga area where the 210 is closed. I have heard nothing about anything immediately threatening the Fillmore or Piru areas, which are much further west.

The winds at the west end of the Santa Paula Valley are pushing the smoke far out to sea, you can see it on the visible GOES image from space, which is why Ventura got hit so hard, 50-60 mph winds early this morning that blew embers out of the hills and into residential neighborhoods. I live in a place usually doesn't get hit that hard from the Santa Ana winds, and it was howling even here, all night. Spent this morning blowing leaves for an hour.

I've spent the rest of the day getting ready to paint a room, so the Ch. 5 news has been on all day. If you're out of the LA area try the website, they usually stream this coverage.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? Stanford 12-05-2017 - 13:44
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? Dunno yet, but real close BOB2 12-05-2017 - 14:48
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? Cable Donkey 12-05-2017 - 18:48
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? CCTGM 12-05-2017 - 19:10
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? BOB2 12-05-2017 - 19:44
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? Just Sayin' 12-05-2017 - 19:49
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? BOB2 12-05-2017 - 19:58
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? Brasspounder 12-05-2017 - 20:34
  Re: Ventura Fire reaches 101 so UP and LOSSAN may be affected this am. BOB2 12-06-2017 - 06:58
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? Tommy J 12-06-2017 - 08:56
  Re: Fillmore & Western threatened by fire? James Bradley 12-06-2017 - 14:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com