Re: How can Metrolink LINK Perris to Redlands? BOB2 & SP5103
Author: BOB2
Date: 02-04-2018 - 21:08

I think that service from Perris to San Bernardino and on to LA via the SGV line might make more sense, in terms of ridership and employment pattern, a lot of jobs in western San Bernardino County would be within competitive travel times with the now gridlocked 15. And, as those seats fro Perris emptied, SB LA trips would fill them. Extending SGV trains to Perris via San Berdo would do that.

San Berdo to Redlands is easily done with a transfer, if you think there is a high demand for that.

I think that more service am and pm peak to Orange County and LA via Riverside are a higher priority. I've done several major Inland Empire to OC and LA travel surveys in my career and the demand from the IE to OC (including to south OC and Irvine) and through to LA are still the most viable alignments. This kind of interregional operation has the additional advantage that as Perris line commuters get off in OC, new LA bound riders get to use the same seats from OC to LA.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How can Metrolink LINK Perris to Redlands? BOB2 & SP5103 JOHN 02-04-2018 - 19:51
  Re: How can Metrolink LINK Perris to Redlands? BOB2 & SP5103 BOB2 02-04-2018 - 21:08
  Re: How can Metrolink LINK Perris to Redlands? Redlands Rail Project Glen Icanberry 02-09-2018 - 00:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com