Re: Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Open House
Author: Charles Stookey
Date: 09-07-2008 - 18:14

I well remember offloading and onloading 5-inch ammunition by hand at Seal Beach. There was a building where we took breaks and smoked. I spent as much time there as I could as carrying the bullets and shell casings was tiring work.
The ammunition was all manufactured in Oklahoma during WWII. Since I was from Oklahoma I thought this amusing.

My ship fired many rounds off South Vietnam in support of land forces. We also took part in Operation Sea Dragon off North Vietnam. We fired on shore targets and any vessel close to the shore which was moving south.

I was served aboard the USS Harry E. Hubbard, DD-748, from '66 to '68. Anyone else have memories of Seal Beach.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Seal Beach Naval Weapons Railroad Freericks 09-06-2008 - 13:11
  Re: Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Open House Richard Elgenson 09-07-2008 - 00:15
  Re: Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Open House Freericks 09-07-2008 - 09:00
  Re: Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Open House Freericks 09-07-2008 - 09:32
  Re: Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Open House Charles Stookey 09-07-2008 - 18:14
  Re: Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Open House Freericks 09-07-2008 - 22:24
  Re: Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station Open House Idiot Poster 09-07-2008 - 22:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com