Rail Line Under BART in Oakland CA
Author: Chad
Date: 09-09-2008 - 19:24

I am a daily rider on the BART Line in the flatlands of Oakland CA. I have a few questions.

1) What is the regular traffic? Coil cars, Box Cars to a paper company, any help would be nice

2) Recent track work removed sidings. In particular a turn where a boxcar often was loaded with scrap paper. This is near the line that goes back to a regular delivery of coil cars.

3) Is this connection to Niles Canyon UP line? For example could the ACE train hang a right after passing throuhg Niles Canyon then take this line to Oakland Coliseum for a passenger transfer to BART? Seems like that would be easier then riding a bus from the Pleasanton ACE station to Dublin/Pleasanton BART.

4) At 106th, the line goes down the street and definitely looks out of service. The chain link fence is permenantly built across the tracks on the turn of the rail. Any notion what this line was for? If I bought a house on 106th, can I get a car load of whatever dleivered to the middle of the street?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Rail Line Under BART in Oakland CA Chad 09-09-2008 - 19:24
  Re: Rail Line Under BART in Oakland CA Henry Miller 09-09-2008 - 22:19
  Re: Rail Line Under BART in Oakland CA OPRRMS 09-09-2008 - 23:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com