Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW
Author: name withheld by request
Date: 03-31-2018 - 11:08

Until Thursday I worked as a land surveyor. Tuesday morning 06:15 manager told us something was going to happen in civic center Santa Ana where we happened to be doing a large scale topographic mapping job. They looked at me and said stay here and work with another crew. I was driven out to Irvine to work on the "tent city" job. The other guy said it would be good for train watching and it was. This location (33.6691616,-117.7473869) is on the old Marine Base and roughly bounded by the RR and old base street on the south, parts of the old base on the east, ie west of the old RR spur onto the base, a new street called Marine way (with a brand new park on the n/s of Marine) and another new street Ridge Valley on the west. Upon return to the office, I saw the OP for this thread and questioned the 108 acres size. As the OP quoted size from a news report, I asked a manager what size he though the polygon we staked out was. I believe the actual size of the tent city was dramatically less than 108 acres. As it turns out, the OC Supervisors voted not to pursue the tent city in Irvine. The survey crew that went to civic center had lots of people in their way. My last day in the field as a land surveyor was quite pleasant in a big empty field with at least 10 trains heading to or departed from Irvine station.

In the course of my work last year, I got to work on the Lower Santa Ana Sand Management project, mostly on a kayak with tons of overtime. One of the guys I worked with liked to drive down the river south from Anaheim instead of city streets. We drove through the river homeless encampment by the Angel Stadium many times. In regards to SP Bob's comment, the County of Orange removed the Santa Ana River homeless encampment people and provided ONE month of shelter in motels. That time is over and local communities are experiencing more issues with those people. Homelessness is a huge issue everywhere in our country. In early August 2017, while killing time in Denver CO after the Jerry Garcia 75 birthday show at Red Rocks preceded by Amtrak from SLC to DEN with stop over at Glenwood Springs, we saw many homeless around the capital and at least one episode of violence between human beings. If you are upset by homelessness, do something positive, whether it be to volunteer, or make some type of financial donation.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW sid 03-27-2018 - 13:30
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW sid 03-27-2018 - 14:39
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW Leftest Rebel 03-27-2018 - 15:56
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW Arlen Sheldrake 03-27-2018 - 21:46
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW Leftest Rebel 03-27-2018 - 22:52
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW taxpayer 03-28-2018 - 07:49
  Re: Another useless thread full of trolls.talking trash, not trains. Just Sayin' 03-28-2018 - 09:13
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW synonymouse 03-28-2018 - 10:23
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW What? 03-28-2018 - 16:57
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW SP BOB 03-28-2018 - 13:38
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW Taxpayer 03-28-2018 - 17:28
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW Nigga Please! 03-28-2018 - 18:05
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW Go vote! 03-28-2018 - 18:40
  Re: Trolls Are Just Sucking Away-No Trains-Just Losers Just Sayin' 03-28-2018 - 18:57
  David: Can you please delete this racist crap? Another David 03-29-2018 - 21:00
  Re: David: Can you please delete this racist crap? Equal Rights? 03-31-2018 - 18:50
  Re: David: Can you please delete this racist crap? Craig Tambo 03-31-2018 - 20:18
  Just Sucking <> 03-28-2018 - 17:30
  Re: Just Sucking HUTCH 7.62 03-28-2018 - 21:06
  Re: Just Sucking Sumotuwe 03-28-2018 - 21:21
  Re: OC Supervisors debaiting on moving all homeless to Irvine near RR ROW name withheld by request 03-31-2018 - 11:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com