Re: EGBOK -everything's gonna be okay.......and Nussel you're right.
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-29-2018 - 16:47

Yes, Nussel, that is an excellent example...... and, yes, it fails to alert since it is not any indication of actual risk, and worse allows those peddling really dangerous substances to "hide" behind the ruse of consumer notification, to avoid potential liability.

And, I do want to note, that as an agricultural product, that basil, while often many times more dangerous than things we do label, is completely exempt from Prop. 65 labeling.

As to the notion that taking out an ad to notify folks about the dangers of these locomotives emissions will some how make me safer.....? Well, it's not really that surprising anymore, and pretty dumb. I spent part of my career actually cleaning them up, which is how you really protect public health.

This is an example of what happens when folks pass "feel good" initiatives. Which, I'll even admit may be needed at times to protect us, because our elected officials won't do their jobs. But, unfortunately this initiative has been written in a narrow way that can and has, even with good intentions, create both a false sense of safety and/or of risks, and that, in some cases, may impose costs to society, that may not recoup that much benefit.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Mostly OT - New Proposition 65 Warnings J 03-29-2018 - 04:37
  Re: Mostly OT - And your point is? BOB2 03-29-2018 - 07:17
  Re: Mostly OT - And your point is? Carol L Voss 03-29-2018 - 09:19
  Re: Carol. is On Topic, but EGBOK..... BOB2 03-29-2018 - 10:06
  Re: Carol. is On Topic, but EGBOK..... Carol L Voss 03-29-2018 - 11:32
  Re: Carol. is On Topic—- but what is EGBOK ? Carol L Voss 03-29-2018 - 16:02
  Re: EGBOK -everything's gonna be okay.......and Nussel you're right. BOB2 03-29-2018 - 16:47
  Re: EGBOK -everything's gonna be okay.......and Nussel you're right. Nussel Snouts 03-29-2018 - 23:38
  Re: EGBOK -everything's gonna be okay.......and Nussel you're right. Ed Workman 03-30-2018 - 07:30
  Re: Mostly OT - New Proposition 65 Warnings Nussel Snouts 03-29-2018 - 14:23
  Re: Mostly OT - New Proposition 65 Warnings Tony Johnson 03-29-2018 - 17:34
  Re: Mostly OT - New Proposition 65 Warnings Nudge 03-29-2018 - 18:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com