Fires, and completely off topic, but, I can ask a train question, too....?
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-06-2018 - 09:11

I bookmark the Bishop Camera and the Mono Lake Cameras, and look at them when thinking about going up to visit No. 9, or to ride the Death Valley motor car, or I am just daydreaming about trout...…

The smoke from the Yosemite fire is so thick that you cannot see the Sierra's from Bishop, even though the fire is nearly 100 miles away, nor can you even see Mono Lake from the "downtown" Lee Vining, or from the Mill Creek cams.....

The last time they had a fire closure at the West end of Yosemite though, a few years ago, you could still go to Tuolumne Meadows via the Tioga Road from Lee Vining. And, it was the best trip I've had there, since I was a child. There was not a single tour bus, and no Disneyland crowds with mile long lines for the restrooms.... It was just and the meadows, with virtually no people, and actual animals...even saw a mountain goat.ov

Speaking of narrow gauge choo-choos, and Bishop, is there anything that's planned for the museum in the next couple of months, through say, the end of October?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Fires, and completely off topic, but, I can ask a train question, too....? BOB2 08-06-2018 - 09:11
  Re: Fires, and completely off topic, but, I can ask a train question, too....? wistful thinking 08-08-2018 - 19:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com