Re: How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route?
Author: Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez
Date: 12-17-2018 - 15:13

I'm not the most in the know, so maybe someone else can help you out a bit more, but here are my takes on traffic.

BNSF typically 4-6 Inside Gateway Trains per day. 2NB manifests, 2 SB manifest, plus any additional manifests, grain trains, baretables or oil trains.

UP typically 3-5 trains per day. Typically have the MNPRV daily, and a westbound autos train (ANPMI I think)almost daily. The Canyon Flyer runs 6 day out of the week Portola to Oroville, and back the next day (3 round trips total). Plus some additional westbounds: grain trains, empty dirty dirt, or export coal.

UP reroutes off of Donner can also show up when they are run.

In my experience things tend to be feast or famine. Bring a good book and be willing to change your plans as traffic warrants.

Hope this helps a bit.
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route? AirFiero 12-17-2018 - 11:04
  Re: How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route? Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 12-17-2018 - 15:13
  Re: How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route? AirFiero 12-17-2018 - 15:52
  Re: How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route? FRC FAN 12-17-2018 - 16:35
  Re: How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route? AirFiero 12-17-2018 - 20:10
  Re: How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route? Alf Doten 12-17-2018 - 20:11
  Re: How much traffic lately on the Feather River Route? Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 12-18-2018 - 13:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com