Re: Attn:OPB
Author: OldPolBurner
Date: 10-16-2008 - 22:25

You are way too kind.

Other than visiting Modesto a few times (and always on the lookout for RR stuff), I really don't know that much about railroad operations in the San Joaquin Valley - just that they are fascinating to observe. Sorry if I gave that impression.

Most of my time riding 70 tonners was in Sacramento - Lots of shifting cars between the rice mills and lots of street running. That was way too long ago (I was a tweenager); but the fond memories of those rides, and the man who arranged them, are still very nice. Between my grandfather, who was an officer of the company working all of the WP, SN, TS, etc; railroading has been in out families blood since 1929.

I do believe those loco rides, the times in the tower bridge control house, and other places my grandfather took me on the job, did much to cause my fascination with railroading. I would truly like to hear other stories as to how All-Y'all became interested. Such stories can be fascinating, and very explanatory to those who don't understand a man's fascination with any particular machinery.

Please - Share with us!

OPB

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Attn:OPB William Nicholson 10-14-2008 - 09:56
  Re: Attn:OPB Not OPB 10-14-2008 - 13:36
  Re: Attn:OPB William Nicholson 10-15-2008 - 09:04
  Re: Attn:OPB OldPolBurner 10-16-2008 - 22:25
  Re: Attn:OPB Recycle the Politicians 10-18-2008 - 09:47
  Re: Attn:OPB PolCat 10-20-2008 - 08:48
  Re: Attn:OPB Recycled Humor 10-20-2008 - 10:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com