Re: Actually about trains
Author: Max Wyss
Date: 02-21-2019 - 01:22

Well, yes, Monday was a serious mess because of a "electrical problem" in the northern part of the Paris - Lyon high speed line. Trains not having entered that segment were redirected via the old line, and because of the maximum speed of 160 km/h (instead of 300 km/h), it took considerably longer. But getting trains off the HSL took much more time, and I have seen actual delays in the 5h30 range displayed.

In fact, I had a short business trip to Avignon, but my connection (in the late afternoon) was not affected, as I was on a Frankfurt - Marseille train. There was a little delay, as entering Lyon was not as quick as scheduled.

So, that made it to the news. For my trip back, there was another event (which may have made it to the regional news). There was a person accident in Aix-en-Provence, and the TGVs were rerouted via the old line. That easily adds 40 minutes delay from Marseille to Avignon, and they had to continue on the old line. Fortunately, there is a service connection between the old line and the HSL south of Montélimar, and with that, the delay did not get much over 1h15. But my transfer time in Lyon, planned to be around 90 minutes, got shortened to "just in time", as the connecting train was not affected…

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Actually about trains Commenter 02-19-2019 - 17:45
  more Actually about trains Commenter 02-19-2019 - 18:42
  Re: Actually about trains synonymouse 02-19-2019 - 21:22
  Re: Actually about trains Max Wyss 02-21-2019 - 01:22
  Alon Levy, LOL University of Blog 02-20-2019 - 12:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com