Re: More about Ken Roller
Author: HUTCH 7.62
Date: 02-24-2019 - 18:59

Funny how things slowly come back from you’re past that you thought you had long forgot.....

Back when I was a preteen, early nineties. Ken was trying to presuede me to enjoy the mechanical complexiities that is steam. Being young and a Diesel guy, I sorta listened so I thought. Ken began telling me about compound Mallets and that it was pronounced “Malley” and how true mallets compounded steam in two or more stages, producing a locomotive that made more power but was fuel and water efficient.

Years later I had gotten an old Harley Davidson FXR running and decided to take it on a shake down run, from Palo Alto I rode east towards the Dumbarton. Things were going good so I headed towards NIles Canyon. Low and behold Clover Valley #4 had just been restored and was doing shake down runs of its own up and down the canyon. As I watched #4 steam by under the tell tales. All the stuff about Ken and how compound mallets worked came flashing back. At that moment I relized how important it was that Clover Valley #4 was running the rails again. And being older probably not wiser yet, I very much understood the magnificence of such a steam engine design, thanks to Ken.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  More about Ken Roller HUTCH 7.62 02-24-2019 - 18:11
  Re: More about Ken Roller Carol L Voss 02-24-2019 - 18:36
  Re: More about Ken Roller HUTCH 7.62 02-24-2019 - 18:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com