Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 03-18-2019 - 19:07

I am currently working with Arcadia Publishing on a new 96-page full-color book tentatively titled “Montana Rails East – High, Wide and Handsome” similar to my “Milwaukee Road Connections – Spokane to Butte” book. The front cover is one of the most important selling points for a book, so I composed ten front cover mock-ups to choose from – please let me know which three or four that would prompt you to pick up the book and buy it. Of course, the publisher will ultimately decide which image and text to use – but, they usually go with my first choice.

The book will dovetail nicely with my “Great Northern Railway in Marias Pass” and the “Milwaukee Road Connections” book by covering all the railroads in Central and Eastern Montana from the 1960s thru 2000. This book will fill an important niche in Montana railroad full-color pictorial histories selling in the mid $20.00 price range. Due to the remoteness of locations and diversity of operations, this portion of Montana has been largely passed over in lieu of trains in the Rockies.

Here is a list of the chapter titles
Milwaukee Road East
Lewistown
Central Montana Rail
Montana Rail Link
Hi-Line
Following Trails of the Past
The Yellowstone - Big Horn Country
Where's Plentywood?

Having lived in Montana [Kalispell, Lewistown and Plentywood respectively] for many years I have quite a personal storehouse of images to choose from...but, it’s always good to see the State from a fresh perspective.

I am seeking color photographs of any railroads in Montana up to the year 2000.
Specifically, I could use images from:
Milwaukee Road east of Butte to North Dakota any era.
Milwaukee Road - Great Falls Line any era.
Great Northern - anywhere east of Browning to North Dakota.
Burlington [CB&Q] Billings/Laurel south.
Montana Rail Link anything system wide up thru 2000.
Northern Pacific anywhere Montana
Burlington Northern anywhere Montana
Soo Line in Montana
Any other shortlines from the 1960s thru 2000.

If you have one or two [or more] photos you would like to share – please let me know and we can work something out. I don’t have a big image acquisition budget, but if I use any of your photographs – you get a complimentary autographed copy of the book.

Check out my website at: [railroads-of-montana.com]

Glance through the mock covers and let me know [by number] what you think of the project at the “Montana Rails East Comments” link.

Talk to ya later,
Dale Jones

BTW: my Arcadia Publishing “Spokane International Railway” book is in proof at this moment with a tentative release date May/June 2019. I’ll let everyone know about a month in advance for sign-up of the pre-release free shipping offer.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book Dale Jones 03-18-2019 - 19:07
  Re: Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book Kyle 03-19-2019 - 08:05
  Re: Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book Riverson 03-19-2019 - 08:53
  Re: Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book Bill 03-19-2019 - 10:43
  Re: Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book SP5103 03-19-2019 - 11:26
  Re: Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book BOB R 03-19-2019 - 17:54
  Re: Input Needed for New “Montana Rails East” Book Great Northern has got my Goat 03-19-2019 - 18:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com