Google search: [sideshow oakland definition]
Author: WebDigger
Date: 04-17-2019 - 06:09

BW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pardon my ignorance, but in this context, what is a sideshow?

Google search: [sideshow oakland definition]: [www.google.com]

"A sideshow is an informal demonstration of automotive stunts now often held in vacant lots, and public intersections, most often in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, United States. Sideshows first appeared in Oakland, California as informal social gatherings of African-American youth.[1] Sideshows were made even more popular throughout the 1990s with such songs as bay area rapper Richie Rich's "Sideshow" anthem. "Down Bancroft / To the light / Let me warm it up, I hit a donut tight / Chevy on my side / Windows straight tinted / He got hype when he saw me spinnin’ / I’m up outta there, sideways to the next light"[2]

Sideshows first emerged on the streets of East Oakland during the mid 1980s."
[en.wikipedia.org]

BONUS: How do you link a wikipedia page that has parenthesis in the URL?: use %29 instead of the last parenthesis: [www.reddit.com]

Found via: [wikipedia link parenthesis]: [www.google.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sideshow riot torches AC Transit articulated bus synonymouse 04-15-2019 - 10:28
  Re: Sideshow riot torches AC Transit articulated bus D Trumpet 04-15-2019 - 14:36
  Re: Sideshow riot torches AC Transit articulated bus Free Market will save the day 04-15-2019 - 15:26
  Re: Sideshow riot torches AC Transit articulated bus derp strikes again 04-15-2019 - 22:05
  Re: Sideshow riot torches AC Transit articulated bus BW 04-16-2019 - 23:37
  Re: Sideshow riot torches AC Transit articulated bus wikipedia 04-16-2019 - 23:56
  Google search: [sideshow oakland definition] WebDigger 04-17-2019 - 06:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com