Re: How do you link a wikipedia page that has parenthesis in the URL
Author: WebDigger
Date: 04-17-2019 - 10:56

wikipedia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks. I guess I wasn't awake enough to see the messup last night; just awake enough to find the article.
>
> If I use the link took, does that mess it up too?

wikipedia, I'm guessing that by "took" you meant the globe-and-chain button next to the quote button in the AP toolbar, and I'll say yes, that'll also mess up a url ending in a parenthesis.

The next items are not aimed personally at you, but are for all AP posters:

Probably the most important tool to use when creating an AP post is the Preview button at the lower right-hand corner of the message-creation window. It gives you a chance to (re-)check your submission, including making sure your links work.

Hint #1: When testing your links, open each link in a new tab, so you'll be less likely to mess up the tab you're working in.

Hint #2: Don't provide a "Spam prevention" code until you've checked your proposed post and are pretty darned sure it's what you want it to be. That'll keep you from posting your item prematurely.

Hint #3: You can learn more about AP posting by creating practice posts, but not actually posting them. Click on the "?" button at the right side of the AP toolbar to get ideas for things you might want to try.

And now, a request for our AP host, David Curlee: David, please add List capability (both numbered and bulleted) to AP's capabilities. Thank You.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How do you link a wikipedia page that has parenthesis in the URL WebDigger 04-17-2019 - 06:47
  Re: How do you link a wikipedia page that has parenthesis in the URL wikipedia 04-17-2019 - 07:20
  Re: How do you link a wikipedia page that has parenthesis in the URL WebDigger 04-17-2019 - 10:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com