Re: Indiana, Ohio....Trains?. The Right? The Left? And/or Us?
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-09-2019 - 05:57

Mike Pence may well be prone to eating all of his banana's, from the middle.... But, he seems to have had little to do with this decision or legislative failure to fund Amtrak service to Indianapolis, that I can see.

I have also seen support from many Reps. and conservatives for rail passenger services, even Amtrak, some of whom I have had the pleasure of working with, and even for, during my long career. This current crop of we destroy everything/screw everybody/take no prisoners style of amoral libertarian nihilist politics is still a relatively new political phenomenon to me.

We have no national transportation investment strategy nor do we have consistent policies, funding, or leadership to follow through. We haven't had this in our politics for years.

And, the left and Dems have increasingly responded and pandered to the big talking wannabee Nimbier whackjobs delaying and killing needed investments in things like our roads and freeways.

We live in a democracy, so by definition, we get the "gubmint" (and in this case the relatively crappy rail passenger services), that we deserve.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  DeWine's projects for Amtrak in Ohio Joe Cullum 07-08-2019 - 22:53
  Indiana is already pro-passenger rail Pence 4 Prez 07-08-2019 - 23:17
  Re: Indiana is already pro-passenger rail ron 07-08-2019 - 23:21
  Re: Indiana, Ohio....Trains?. The Right? The Left? And/or Us? BOB2 07-09-2019 - 05:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com